5/12/04

BSST

I had bacon, I had tomatoes, I had bread, but no lettuce (I don't really keep it handy since I'm convinced it's mostly made up of water); so instead of a BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato) I did a BSST--Bacon, Spinach Salad, Tomato--sandwich.

So--baked eight strips of Krunzler maple-smoked bacon at 350 degrees for thirty minutes; toasted four slices of Italian bread, cut thick; laid bacon on the bread, laid baby spinach leaves on top of that, drizzled on that my homemade salad dressing (four tablespoons olive oil, two of balsamic vinegar, one of dijon mustard, pinch of salt, fresh cracked pepper, a crushed garlic clove, and honey to taste), laid on slices of Roma tomatoes, drizzled more salad dressing, served open-faced.

Crisp maple-sweet bacon, faintly bitter spinach leaves, tart 'n sweet dressing, juicy fresh tomatoes, all on a bed of toasted Italian bread. Simple and classy.

No comments: