5/29/06

Fan mail (a response to my "Da Vinci Code" article)

Found in my inbox today, in response to my article on The Da Vinci Code (Ron Howard, 2006):
 
(Note: Lito Lapid is a former Filipino action star)
 

Mon, 29 May 2006 18:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

 

From: "al diaz" aledgeds@yahoo.com  

Subject: So dumb the Crap of Noel Vera

 
I could not believe that someone let you write this ignorant movie review you just did on The Da Vinci Code in their publication.  And I cant believe that you are this stupid.
 
Please tell me Noel Vera that you are not this fucking stupid..... Answer these questions for me please... I couldnt believe someone is really this dumb. 
 
1. What part of "FICTION" didnt you understand about this movie???
 
2. Since when did Dan Brown's objective in writing this COMPLETELY FICTIONAL NOVEL is to destroy the credibility of the Roman Catholic Church???
(PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS IN THINKING THAT DAN BROWN WROTE THIS TO TOPPLE CHRISTIANITY AND NOT FOR FAME AND MONEY?)
 
3. Since when did the "The Da Vinci Code" become a historically educational film?
 
Let me quote this incredible Noel Vera stupidity....
 
"The Da Vinci Code isn't good history, isnt good criticism of the catholic church, isnt even decent entertainment; it deserves not our censure...."
 
GOOD HISTORY? <--- This is FUCKING FICTION!!!!
 
CRITICISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH? <------- I think Dan Brown wrote this Novel TO MAKE MONEY .  (DID YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT HE WROTE THIS TO TOPPLE THE VATICAN?!?!?!)
 
Let me quote another incredible Noel Vera stupidity....
 
" (Ron Howard)... or entertaining the notion that he is in any way a director) "
 
SO WHO IS A DIRECTOR FOR YOU IF A PERSON WITH THIS MANY MULTI MILLION BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES (BEAUTIFUL MIND, APOLLO 13, BACKDRAFT, CINDERELLA MAN) IS NOT A DIRECTOR?? I BET YOU LIKED LITO LAPID MOVIES.
 
And lastly you dumb stupid fuck is, how did you become a movie critic when you are this biased?  Anticipating falling asleep even before the movie started? What kind of a movie critic are you? I BET YOU GAVE ALL LITO LAPID MOVIES 5 STARS!
 
PLEASE REPLY ASAP I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF YOU WENT TO COLLEGE
 
ALVIN EDGENBERG
 

Mon, 29 May 2006 22:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Noel Vera" noelbotevera@yahoo.com

Subject: Re: So dumb the Crap of Noel Vera

 
Wow, hey--get that plug out of your butt, maybe you'll feel better.

No comments: