4/10/05

Film to video game

From The Clapboard Jungle:

Do Not Rescucitate: From IMDB:

Francis Ford Coppola is up in arms over Paramount's decision to produce (with videogame makers Electronic Arts) a videogame based on his The Godfather movies. In a taped interview due to air on AMC's Sunday Morning ShootOut this Sunday, Coppola said that the studio had never mentioned its plans to release a Godfather videogame. "I knew nothing about it. They never asked me if I thought it was a good idea," Coppola said. Calling Coppola's movie, "one of history's most revered masterpieces," Electronic Arts says on it website that the game, due to be released in the fall, "serves as inspiration for the game as gamers will join the Corleone family and earn respect through loyalty and fear." Coppola says that he was able to get a preview of the game. "They use the characters everyone knows ... and then for the next hour they shoot and kill each other. I had absolutely nothing to do with the game and I disapprove."

Jeff Vorndam: I can never get past the balloon stage in the Andrei Rublev game.

Jake Bren: Iconoclast.

Do Not Resuscitate: I'm told if you finish the bell in under 3 minutes, you get to play the whole thing as Kirill.  

No comments: