8/28/05

Top Fifty Movies Kids Should See

From The Cinephile:

Top Fifty Movies Kids Should See

I would have cut out Disney's Beauty and the Beast, Edward Scissorhands, Finding Nemo, My Life as a Dog, Some Like it Hot, Romeo + Juliet, and Toy Story myself, and thrown in Shoeshine, Batman Returns, Lotte Reiniger's The Adventures of Prince Achmed, The Iron Giant, Laputa, Castle in the SkyThe Black Stallion, The Orphan Brother, Alakazam the Great, Zero de conduite, and Popeye the Sailor Meets Sinbad the Sailor.

And for good measure I'd add Magnifico, Halimaw sa Banga (Monster in the Jar), Prinsesang Gusgusin (Princess Tattertorn), and Suring at ang Kuk-ok (Suring and the Kuk-ok).

Also, I'd add Bashu the Little Stranger.

MadMan731: Why the hell would you cut out "Finding Nemo", one of the best family movies of the decade? And then replace it with "Batman Returns"? I don't understand that at all, man. Plus taking out "Toy Story", another terrific kids flick. 

Not a big fan of Nemo (I much prefer Spongebob Squarepants--the TV series, not the movie) nor Toy Story. Actually, not a big fan of Pixar. Too sentimental, I think.

Batman Returns, however, I love to show to kids--in fact have, quite a few times.

No comments: